Saturday 2 November 2019

Christmas Time at Southern Girls

Hi there.... well I dropped the ball this week... my Southern Girls challenge post should have gone live on Thursday.   How did I miss that.  At least my cards were on the blog post at the main blog post (here)

We have two sponsors for this challenge



I have two cards to show you today - both using stamps from The Stamping Village - Holiday seals available at Krafter's Cart.

 
For my first card I used the Seal designed by Studio Katia.  The background is from Altenew's Leaf Canopy set stamped in a soft grey ink and spritzed with silver paint.  I used some Christmas ribbon and a row of red gems to finish.



My second card uses a seal designed by Gina K Designs.  I used kraft card to stamp the seal on and also the plaid background from Catherine Pooler Designs with Rockin' Red ink from CP Designs as well.  I added the seal on a background of burlap.

Today I went to the FYI (For Your Inspiration) Craft Fair held at Mystery Creek (near Hamilton) - a 2 hour drive from my house.  I took my friend Suna and we had a great day.  Caught up with a couple of crafty friends, saw a few of the exhibitors we know - including Meetu from Krafter's Cart.  And a few goodies made their way into our bags.

 Here we are at Lunch time.  It was a stunning day in Hamilton so we got to sit outside


I'll share my Make'n'Takes in the next few days.

3 comments:

Betty said...

two wonderful cards using those holiday seals - love the backgrounds you used with both of them

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two Christmas beauties, Dawn! Especially love the seal on the piece of burlap!! Looks like you and Susan had a fun crafty trip!!

Greta said...

The seals are really neat & I especially love the elegance of the first card! Looks like you 2 had a good day!