Tuesday 12 November 2019

It's Snowing at Christmas Kickstart

I had fun making a card for the Christmas Kickstart challenge - theme SNOW.


I used a design I have used before.

While I was at the Craft Fair a couple of weekends ago, I got a tree stamp by Montarga Stamps - a New Zealand based stamp company.  I love the way it has very light trees in the background and darker in the front.  I used some Catherine Pooler Eucalyptus ink to stamp my trees.  I used a Yellow alcohol marker from Altenew to colour the sky - somewhat different.  I added splatter of dilute white acrylic paint to make my snow and added to the ground and the trees.  I die cut a circle out of the front panel and stamped it around the hole with holly leaves and added some snowflakes in Iceberg Altenew inks.    The holly, snowflakes and the sentiment are from a freebie set.   I stamped and fussy cut the holly and berries from Sunny Studio's called Christmas Trimmings.

Also entering this into the Anything Goes challenge at Addicted to Stamps

11 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great buy that stamp was Dawn - its awesome. Your card is fabulous - almost makes me feel cold. It really is a classic Christmas design
Blessings
Maxine

Lin said...

So pretty, Dawn, a really lovely winter scene! We're having our first snow here today, and it's almost as pretty as your card!

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous traditional style card Dawn.

Anita in France said...

What a pretty scene, Dawn ... there's a lovely warm, vintage feel about it ... so nostalgic! Anita :)

Arlene said...

The trees are fabulous and I love the card. I would never have used that color for the sky, but it WORKS!

Fab card.

Dotty Jo said...

Looks amazing, Dawn! Love that sky and the trees are beautiful. Thanks so much for playing again at The Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Jo x

Greta said...

Beautiful snowy scene & card!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Beautiful scene Dawn. Love this beautiful card. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy yellow sky, Dawn, & I love how you added snow to your trees!!

Monika Reeck said...

elegant tree and leaves on your card
love the snow in dots there
great season greetings card Dawn
hugs
Monika

creationsnz said...

Good buy Dawn. Love how you framed the frame with the holly. CarolG