Saturday 9 November 2019

Sweet Stampin' Challenge - Make your own background

http://sweetstampinchallengeblog.blogspot.com/




It's time for another challenge at Sweet Stampin' Challenge and our theme this week is "Make Your Own Background"


My background was made with a Bubble Stencil (from an NZ based company called Faith Pocock Designs) I used Altenew inks - Vanilla Cream. Pink Pearl and Wisteria to blend with some makeup brushes.  Love the soft look I achieved.  Next I stamped the big flower from Altenew's Hello Gorgeous set.  To colour the flowers I used Altenew Alcohol makers in soft yellow, light pink and light purple to give a multi hue look to them.  I fussy cut it out, cutting right up to the edge of the stamping.   I silver embossed the sentiment from the same set onto some shimmery dark grey card and trimmed it to a thin strip.    I added a touch of Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to the stamen.

Do come and join us at Sweet Stampin' Challenge this week.


I am entering this one into The Flower Challenge - Add spots or stripes...

7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What an awesome design and so beautifully executed Dawn, and a stunning card as a result. Love it
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Ah Dawn, you are the queen of flower cards. Another beauty with, as always, your wonderful colouring. CarolG

Betty said...

gorgeous color combo and wonderful design Dawn!

Greta said...

What a neat background for your beautiful floral spray!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I just LOVE this Dawn. The background is gorgeous hun. Stunning job and the way you've achieved the colour gradient is delish. Beautiful creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card, lovely flowers and spots too. Thanks for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous and so unique looking.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge.
:) Karen