Friday 7 February 2020

CAS stencil with Foiling

I saw that the latest CAS Stencil challenge has been posted and this time the key word is "Foil"


This week I bought myself the WRMK Foil Quill set for my Scan'n'Cut and also the medium freestyle pen.  I haven't tried the machine yet, but thought this challenge would help me get started with the freestyle pen.

I chose to try it out with an Altenew Stencil (Flowing Hearts)

I used the pen to colour in the stencil... a few missing bits and pieces but overall I was very happy with the results.    I've added a sentiment strip from the Altenew Sentiments strips set.  I trimmed the panel and layered it onto some red card.  Added a few gold sequins to finish.  Even though there are a few layers and some sequins I think it is still CAS enough.

I've had a lovely day today... Yesterday was Waitangi Day (New Zealand's national day) so I took the day off today to make a 4 day weekend.  Hubby had to do his job in the morning and afternoon - He drives a mini van to take Special Needs children to and from school.  So once he was home this morning we did the housework and then the grocery shopping.  After lunch he headed back to do the afternoon run and I made this card before heading to the beach for a swim and sunbathe.  We've been having some super warm days over the last three weeks or so.

Thanks for stopping by today. 

11 comments:

Viv said...

This is a lovely card Dawn and can't believe this was your first time using the freestyle pen! The red border and the white on black sentiment makes this luscious gold heart really stand out. Thanks so much for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

HilaryJane said...

A lovely card and definitely CAS. I have recently bought a set of those Foil Quill pens. I think you might have inspired me to get them out and practice some more. You have achieved a lovely shine. thanks for joining us at CAS Stencil this month xx

Betty said...

wow - wonderful card Dawn - love all the gold!

nancy littrell said...

What a lovely day you had, Dawn:-) So pleased you made your Gorgeous gold foil stenciled heart and joined us at CAS Stencil. Your CAS design is perfect. Then a swim at the beach after your crafting..Nice!!! Hugs..Nancy

kiwimeskreations said...

Lovely card Dawn - love that foiling!!
Sounds as though you had a great day yesterday - we had a scorcher (29 oC), but it was cloudy until about 11, and I and two friends were out helping in a garden, and got it done before it really heated up.
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

So beautiful, Dawn! Love this!

creationsnz said...

Oh so elegant. Liking that dash of colour around the edge too. CarolG

Barb Ghig said...

Gorgeous card, Dawn! I love the details on your heart and how perfectly it works with gold foil! Love your elegant design, too! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS Stencil!

Cathy said...

Such a pretty card, bet this is so shimmery in real life! Great foiling with your new toys too, thankyou for playing along at CAS Stencil, Cathy x

Loll said...

Hi Dawn. You did wonderfully with your new pen for foiling. Your swirly heart is gorgeous. This is a very beautiful and elegant card! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

Julia Aston said...

what a beautiful golden heart Dawn - so pretty framed in the red and with the black sentiment strip along the bottom edge. htanks for joining us at CAS Stencil!