Monday 10 February 2020

Cat-titude!

I was visiting my blog friend Jo's blog (here) and she is a designer team member for The Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers... a simply fun blog - their latest challenge theme is C is for CATS.


Jo made a super cool card.  I knew I wanted to use Tim Holtz Crazy Cats to make a card, so did some google searching to find a punny sentiment

I loved this sentiment and I used my computer to generate it directly to the card before I did some ombre sponging with a mixture of Altenew inks and Distress inks. I deliberately left it messy to give some movement and texture to the background.  I added some pen lines around the sentiment.  I stamped the cat directly to the card and then again onto some scrap card which I coloured up and fussy cut and laid directly over the stamped image.

I also noted that Addicted to CAS has Ombre as the key word this challenge so I am adding this to the challenge

 

I giving this to our cat-sitter.  Our cat is black but brown looked better on the card.

10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Ha ha ha! Love this sooooooooo much, Dawn! Thanks for the shout-out too - that's so sweet of you. That sentiment just says it all doesn't it. My cat rules the house these days. Thanks for playing with the sistahs, it's great to have you here, Jo x

creationsnz said...

I love it! the card and the sentiment. CarolG

Lindsey said...

Love the background and of course the cat! Great sentiment to go with him. Thanks for joining the fun at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Dawn, and so stunningly made - love it. I have a cat card in the works so may just need to blog it and enter the challenge
Blessings
Maxine

Donna said...

Fab card Dawn!
I do love those Tim Holtz cats!
Glad Jo led you our way :D
Thanks for celebrating all things cat with Edna and the sisterhood of snarky stampers!!

Jane Willis said...

You realise now Jo's brought you to us there's no escape, don't you? Snark is addictive, and you've nailed it here. Super card.
Jane

Crafting Queen said...

Great card, love the words.

Bobby said...

Fun sentiment with your fun cat, Dawn, and the inky background is great. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Addicted to CAS.

Barbara Godden said...

What a fab. card, love that cat, and a perfect sentiment to go along with it. Thanks for joining us at the Sisterhood of Snarky Stampers for C is for Cat.

Greta said...

Such a fun card, Dawn!