Sunday 15 March 2020

Black Background

I saw that the challenge theme over at Just Us Girls is "Black Background"


I was part way through making a card with a black background when I saw the challenge, so once I finished, I'm adding it.


I had  been playing last weekend with my Scan'n'Cut and the WRMK Foil quill pens together with a USB from WRMK's.  It's a Kelly Creates one and has this lovely double line sentiments.  I used some silver foil on the black card.  So today I finished off the card.  I added three flowers from an Altenew freebie from a year or so ago.  I used some white card and stamped with Catherine Pooler Rockin' Red and Grass Skirt inks.  I added some darker ink to the centres.  Two of the flowers are glued directly to the card base and one is on some dimensional tape.   

It was a lovely weekend for me as I got to spend some time with my son and grand-daughter.  Kieran was on Daddy duty while Mummy was away for the day and night at a Hen's party.  Grace had her 10 month photo done first thing Saturday morning.  She was a little champ as we had to wake her up.  She had fallen asleep in the car on the way to the hall where the photos are taken.  Still managed a smile!  Then we went up to the local Mall and had a bit of early lunch... sushi for little Miss and avocado on toast for Nanny and Daddy



She is growing so quickly now.  Got her first tooth on her 10 month anniversary... and is now an independent stander.... so won't be long till she works out that she can walk.

I am feeling a bit sad, though as it seems my daughter, son in law and grandson won't be able to come at Easter as NZ has put in place a 14 day self isolating for all people coming into NZ from midnight Sunday.  It's initially for 16 days but will see what happens after that.  At this stage, it's a bit of wait and see if they will make it or whether they will postpone till later in the year.  I know Archie will be very disappointed as he is already talking about coming to see me.  

Well that's it for today.  Hope your weekend is going well.  

8 comments:

Vicky Hayes said...

What a lovely card Dawn! Your flowers look gorgeous against the black background and I love the outline sentiment. It must have been so good to have had that special time with your son and adorable granddaughter. This awful virus is dividing families as well as spreading illness and death but there will come a time when it will be over. Sending hugs, Vicky x

Betty said...

wow - so pretty, Dawn - and love the update on Grace - what a sweetie she is!

Arlene said...

I haven't seen black backgrounds in ages and I LIKE it. Wonderful card and great photos of the baby, though she has GROWN so much and doesn't look very babyish anymore. LOL

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful trio of flowers on black, Dawn! Just love the photos of darling Grace too!! Sorry your Easter faces disruption but hopefully you can Skype!

Greta said...

She's so cute! I know you'll have fun whenever the crisis ends & you see Archie! Beautiful flowers & the black makes a great background for them!

kiwimeskreations said...

Stunning card Dawn - loving the black background to the red flowers and the silver sentiment.
Grace is looking so grown up now!
I know that frustration of travel interrupted, as we were due to have Aussie visitors this coming weekend :(
Blessings
Maxine

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love how those beautiful flowers just pop off the page! This is such a pretty design. Thanks for playing along with us at JUGS!

Bobby said...

The foil sentiment really stands out on the black background, Dawn, and the flowers add a soft touch. Thanks for sharing your card with us at Just Us Girls.