Saturday 21 March 2020

Hero Arts FB Scramble - March 2020

Hi there - I decided to take part in Hero Arts Facebook 90 minute scramble for March - take any 90 mins period between 16th and 23rd to make your card.  I set my timer as I knew that I would have to take a break as our Prime Minister was doing an Address to the Nation speech at mid-day.  Once that was finished, I was able to come back and reset the timer.  Cindy set the theme as: Friendship or Get Well card.

 So here is the card I made.

I used a lovely background stamp called True Friends and stamped it in Altenew Silver Lake ink,  I stamped the main flower from Night and Day Flowers in Obsidian and Deep Iris Altenew inks  I took a darker purple marker to add the texture in the centre of the petals and then a yellow to add to the centre of the flowers.  I then fussy cut the flower and added it to my card.  I trimmed the panel down and matted with some purple card. 

A quick CAS card. 

And Jacinda has announced that the government has set up a 4 step alert re COVID-19.  So we are currently at Level 2 - we have 53 cases - mostly people who came into the country from overseas travel... but two possible community transmission.  We are to limited social interaction, work from home where we can - which I will be doing for the next little while...but how I will work for 7hrs 35 minutes each day without being tempted to craft will challenge me!

Take care of yourselves where ever you are 

5 comments:

Betty said...

lovely card, Dawn - take a really long lunch break, Dawn!

Lin said...

Your background couldn't be more perfect for the theme, Dawn, and the sprigs of posies are lovely as your focal point!

Glad to hear you're doing well!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Dawn - it's exquisite!!
I am in the self isolating group as I am just on "that age" as well as being asthmatic - it's a wee bit unsettling, but I guess we will get used to this as a new normal. I am thankful for local family and good neighbours whom i can chat to 'over the fence'.
Enjoy the challenge to work not craft :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

I love your card. The deep flower colors against the light stamped background is perfect.

Our restaurants are having take out only or curbside pick-up here. You can't find paper products and I couldn't find bread either.

Greta said...

Beautiful friendship card, Dawn! I love that background!