Saturday 21 March 2020

CAS Christmas - Winter Flower

Back with my second post for the day!  I was blog surfing and saw a sweet card by Linda W that she did for  CAS Christmas challenge so thought I had better get a start on the Christmas cards for 2020.


Although Christmas is summer here in New Zealand we still seem to have plenty of Poinsettia flowers around.   I think it is a winter flower over the side of the world - so that's my inspiration for this card

It turned out a bit more orange than I had anticipated. but happy with it any hoo.  I used a Hero Arts stamp called "Antique Poinsettia" from 2016.  Still a favourite. I used watercolour markers scribbled onto a block and painted with a Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen.  The sentiment is a wood mounted stamp from 2005 called "Favorite Things Calligraphy" by a company called Paper Inspirations.  I can't find this one online so presume it's not longer in existence.

I am also entering this into The Flower Challenge - Anything Goes challenge #42



I popped out to the shops earlier to get a special cable so I could connect my tablet to a bigger screen for working from home.  I had a 33" TV upstairs that wasn't being used so I lugged it downstairs and set it up on my dinning table.


I got it set up so the two screens can be used separately - still need to type on the tablet - will maybe look at a cheap keyboard if I need to. 

8 comments:

Loll said...

Your poinsettia card is beautiful, Dawn! Wonderful colouring of the poinsettia and what a cool and interesting sentiment! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Christmas!

Your large TV makes a fabulous computer screen!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Another wonderful card Dawn - love that sentiment stamp - some of the old ones are wonderful and worth keeping to use over and over!
Love your adaptation of the TV screen :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Arlene said...

I love that sentiment too. Different and beautiful. I love that poinsettia too. It turned out lovely.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful poinsettia, Dawn! Love how you did the sentiment too!! Thanks for the shout out - I had fun with CAS Christmas this month! Good luck working from home and sorry we have to do stuff like this when we'd rather be out and about!! Stay safe!!!

Colleen said...

I love that sentiment along the side of the card and your poinsettia is colored beautifully! thank you for joining us at CAS Christmas! and I am glad that Linda inspired you!

Christine Alexander said...

gorgeous poinsettia I love the touch of shimmer and really like the sentiment. Thanks for joining us at CAS Chrismas

Greta said...

Glad you're staying home, Dawn. It started with only a few cases here, too, but just keeps growing. I love those Paper Inspiration stamps & yes, they seem to be gone. I have a BD one I got many yrs ago & wish I'd gotten the sympathy one, too. Beautiful Christmas card!

Shona Chambers said...

Hi Dawn, I live in New Zealand too!! I'm in Blenheim, where are you?? I'm on Facebook and Instagram, would love to link up to another NZ crafter on 'lockdown'!! I think your poinsettia looks incredible and you've inspired me to watercolour again with my sparkle pen, something I haven't done in ages. Love that you kept the card style CAS, really makes that flower the star. So very glad you shared this with us at The Flower Challenge and please stay safe!!