Wednesday 25 March 2020

Anything Goes at Die Cut Divas

This month at Die Cut Divas it's an Anything Goes challenge.  and our sponsor is Chic Chickadee Crafts


I am using a digital stamp set from Sugartree Stamps available at Chic Chickadee Crafts.  It's called Party Animal.

I printed out the panel with several images and sentiments together.  I used a scalloped die to cut it out.  I used a variety of Watercolour markers to colour it in.  I added some Sparkle pen to the icing and some glossy accents on the candle flames.

Still time to join us at Die Cut Divas this month.

Well New Zealand goes into Lock Down at 11.59pm tonight.... we got warning on Monday afternoon to advise we had moved from Alert Level 2 to Alert Level 3 - people were to start working from home if they could...and to prepare for full Lock Down Alert Level 4 on Wednesday night... so for the next 4 weeks I'm at home alone....  You might wonder why I'm alone... well my husband and I separated last month... I'm still living in the house so lock down means me by myself.  I am keeping busy working 7 1/2 hours a day - and no doubt my weekends will be crafting all weekend.  I have lots of cotton fabric and beeswax so some wax wraps will be made, got some knitting I need to finish and I'll get a head on all my design work and even have some simple play time.  

This virus is changing the world.... so be kind to each other and look out for one another.   WE WILL BEAT THIS!

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fun card Dawn - lots of movement and colour
So sorry to hear you and hubby have parted ways - not an easy time :(
I am also on my own, and it gets tedious at times at the momnet. Thankfully I have great neighbours, and family locally which helps, but since I have isolated life is weird - hate not being able to cuddle the grandies.
Stay safe and sane
Blessing
Maxine

Arlene said...

We're starting to use Zoom to have our Toastmaster meetings in lieu of meeting in person. It's a way of seeing each other and not being so isolated. It can get to feeling lonely.

Great fun cake card. I need to get a birthday card ready for my son next month.

Arlene

Betty said...

fun, colorful card Dawn - so saddened to hear about you and your hubby - difficult time in many ways - not in lockdown here in nebraska but mandatory 10 person gathering - however that's going to work in the grocery story i don't know

Greta said...

Sorry I'm so late getting to your blog, Dawn. Can't seem to concentrate or motivate myself in this strange new world. Sad to hear you're now alone & know I'm thinking of you. Glad you can work from home--stay safe! Fun & festive birthday card!