Tuesday 31 March 2020

Hug in a Mug Thanks at Die Cut Divas.

hi there.  Last day of March and what a month it's been.   The world is in turmoil due to Covid 19 and we in New Zealand are in lockdown/isolation.  I'm coping well as I'm still working full time from my kitchen table... and get some crafting down in my down time and weekends...

So onto our last day for this month's Die Cut Divas' challenge for March.  We have been overwhelmed with the support - thanks everyone who entered...so much goodness.

My card today is a Thank You card - thanks to Chic Chickadee Crafts for sponsoring us and providing the team with some Sugartree Stamps digis to use.

I used Sugartree Stamps "Hug in a Mug"

I googled free Coffee backgrounds and found this one which I printed out and used a Lil' Inker die to cut.  I then popped it back in the printer to add the sentiment.  I printed the coffee cup onto kraft and white card stock.  I fussy cut out each to the bits and used Alcohol Marker to colour the band.  Every thing was then pieced back together and added with some 3D tape. 

You still have some time to enter... our challenge finishes at 9.00pm Pacific US time. 

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A great card Dawn - love that background!
How are you coping on your own all day? It's certainly 'character building'.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

A great card Dawn, we are also in isolation, its hard but being creative is so therapeutic!

Greta said...

I'm always amazed at digital creations & this one is great, Dawn! Some day, hopefully, we can again actually meet with friends for coffee!

Betty said...

I have never done a digital card - seems overwhelming to me - but you have certainly mastered it with your fantastic card, Dawn!

Arlene said...

I love the free Coffee background and that fussy cut cup. Great idea to print it on kraft paper.

creationsnz said...

What a great card background and the cup - that basketweave sleeve is something I might try in fabric. CarolG