Friday 17 April 2020

Classic Beauty in Blue.

Hi there.  This month it was my turn to chose the technique/challenge for my little NZ group.   So I chose the idea to use Gladwrap (plastic food wrap) to make your card.... I chose scrunching the Gladwrap to use as my "stamp" to give a rag roll look to my card background.

I made my panel by using the mid blues of the Lapis Lazuli set of Altenew inks and then dabbed on some Iridescent Medium for a pearly look.  I stamped the stem of the rose directly on the background and then used the Blue inks to stamp the Classic Rose which I die cut.  The leaves were stamped in greys from the Gentleman's Gray set and also die cut.  I added dabs of the iridescent medium on the rose as well.  I used the sentiment from the Classic Rose set stamped in the Azurite blue ink.  My card base is a shimmery pale blue as well.    This one went to my friend, Suna.  She is a lover of Altenew products like me.  We are waiting at the moment for our Altenew order to arrive.  Suna ordered for the two of us and has had notification that the parcel has arrived in NZ.... but when it will be delivered is another story!

Well another week done and dusted.  Short work week - 2days but super busy days.  We will hear on Monday, if our 4 week lockdown is being extended or whether we move to Level 3 - still working from home for a lot of people but business who can safely social distance can go back.  It's just a little easing of the restrictions... no restaurants, coffee shops etc... but some takeaway shops can open.  Weddings of no more than 10 people but not receptions, funerals with 10 people but no wakes.  And our "bubbles" can get a bit wider but still need to be very wary.   Life has changed considerably 

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Dawn - love all the shimmer and shine you have achieved with the iridescent medium - I forget to use mine! It must look amazing IRL.
The change of level won't make a lot of difference to me, as I am considered 'vulnerable'... the only thing that will change is that one of the families will now be in my bubble
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

great technique - one that I'd quite forgotten about - and your card is just as classy as the sentiment.

Greta said...

Life certainly has changed! Think I heard you had another week of lockdown. Haven't heard when things might relax here. Not that I'd be comfortable being around people at this point. Lucky I'm retired! The background of your card is really beautiful & so is the rose!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous! Love the sheen in the background and the rose is beautiful in blue. Hugs, Wends xoxo