Thursday 23 April 2020

WWC 268 Dawn's Challenge: All About Occasions


Hi there - time for another challenge at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  I am the hostess this week, with an All About Occasions challenge.


Today I have a Sympathy card to share.  Recently I bought a Simply Cards and Papercraft magazine that had a beautiful Clearly Besotted stamp and die set.

It's a Snowdrop set.  I used the sentiment stamp to make the background.  I stamped and die cut the large flowers and three of the smaller flowers.  I used some very pale green and grey to colour the flowers and green to colour the leaves.  Once the die cutting was done I added the smaller flowers to the main flower bunch.  I used an Altenew sentiment stripe to finish the card.

Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 12.00 noon NZ time ) to link up your project.

As Snowdrops are a Spring Flower, so I am entering this into The Flower Challenge  - Spring/Autumn  

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Don't you just love those snowdrops?! I couldn't resist the mag when I saw that freebie set!! Looks amazing as a sympathy card, Dawn - love your added flowers and the text behind!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Dawn, and beautiful colouring - love that stamp and die set.
Our only stationery shop here has limited magazines, so have not seen that one - they are currently shut too...
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Michelle W said...

Such a beautiful card Dawn and a great set to find in a magazine!

Helen said...

A beautiful sympathy card, Dawn! I love the script background behind those delicate snowdrops! Stay safe! :)

TaeEun said...

I love snow drops! You've colored the snowdrops beautifully using gray shades! Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge!

Greta said...

How beautiful! Think I need to check out magazines if I ever get to go in a store again! Such a great freebie!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

So gorgeous hun, I really LOVE this! Perfect for the 'occasion'. Hugs, Wends xoxo