Friday 24 April 2020

Flowers two ways

I haven't been doing much crafting this week.  Working full time from home and exercising every day - time seems to have gotten away with me.  But I did get two cards made.  Two quite different floral cards.

My first card

A little out of my comfort zone but I'm getting interested in making my own flowers.  I have a few dies that make flowers and over the years I've made a few.  Recently I've been following Heartfelt Creations and once lockdown is over, should get the stamps and dies of theirs that I've ordered.  Meanwhile, I made these Dogwood flowers using a Sizzix die and used the Heartfelt Creations 3D flower mold to give them some dimension.  I used a Tim Holtz die to cut a branch.  My white background is embossed with a Spellbinders die cut on top. 

Card two

This card uses stamps to make my flowers.  I downloaded the sentiment from Catherine Pooler Designs and printed it at 75% - I trimmed the sentiment and temporarily adhered it to the card base.  Then I took lots of the flowers from Catherine Pooler's Tilly's Garden stamps and using both Altenew and Catherine Pooler inks, stamped my flower layers.  Of course I had to use my favourite colour, Purple.  Once I had stamped all the flowers and leaves, I took the panel and added the layer before putting it back onto the base.    A few clear faceted gems to finish ( and covering a few boo boos)

NZ is on the last legs of a 4 1/2 week lock-down - down to Level 3 which is still basically a lock-down with a little bit more freedom.  Shops and mall still closed, cafes can do takeaway with no contact, fast food also click and collect.   Weddings and Funerals - up to 10 people but with social distancing... not receptions or wakes.  Stay in your bubble and stay home is still the the norm.   Seems like I'll be working from home for quite awhile longer.  My bubble of one has grown as my husband and I have reconciled and are going to give our marriage another go.  Faults on both parts so we are working to spend more time doing things together.  Hence less time working on my own in my craft room. 

7 comments:

Lin said...

Wowzers, Dawn, that first card is really lovely! I love the flowers, (we don't see many dogwood cards) and the surrounding embossing and lacy die-cut sets them off beautifully! Beautiful work!

Pajalu said...

Hey gorgeous Dawn, I love both of your cards. They are stunning. Isn't it strange being in lockdown? I know it's taking a lot out of people everywhere, but even in isolation, we are all in this together. Good luck to you and your hubby.

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful cards Dawn - loving the flowers on both of them.
Well done on reconciling - not easy, and a lot of hard work ahead, but I will be praying for you both.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

two lovely cards Dawn - especially love the purple one - colors and design are wonderful

Witchcrafted Life said...

These are so immensely beautiful.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Greta said...

I'm so happy you're working on the marriage. I know you have a lot of years invested & share kids & grandkids. I'm wishing the best for you, Dawn! The cards are both beautiful! Being a lover of dry embossing, the first one is my favorite!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Awesome use of that Catherine Pooler sentiment. This is GORGEOUS! Hugs, Wends xoxo