Saturday 25 April 2020

Utterly Distressed at Sweet Stampin' Challenge

Hi there. Time for a new challenge at Sweet Stampin' and this week our theme is Utterly Distressed....

However before I start, I just want to remember ANZAC Day today... to celebrate the servicemen and women who fought during the wars... in particular WW1.  Our world is the better for their sacrifices.

 

So back to the card I made for this challenge.   I've gone shabby chic again... not really in my comfort zone, but doing a few of these lately. 

 I took some pretty patterned paper and after trimming it to size, I tore around the edges.  I added the chiffon ribbon and black cord around the middle and then built up the other elements.  Half a torn doily, the little elephant charm, the chiffon ribbon bow, the pearl embellishment in one corner and three pearls in the opposite corner and the butterfly.  Finished with two sentiments from Altenew's Watercolor Halftone stamp set.  

Do come and join us at Sweet Stampin' Challenge this week.  We would love to see your Utterly Distressed projects. 

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning shabby chic card Dawn- you have really used the distressed theme well. Love it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Deirdre said...

Fab Dawn - love it. Stay safe. Hugs, D x

Witchcrafted Life said...

How elegantly beautiful! Love the soft, sweet hues and springtime perfect palette.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Greta said...

I can't do Shabby Chic, but looks like it's your style, Dawn! This is just beautiful--every element!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Gorgeous card hun, perfectly distressed! Love that beautiful paper and the extra embellies, the elephant charm is so sweet and the pearls and butterfly, beautifully done! Hugs, Wends xoxo