Thursday 30 April 2020

WWC 269 - Fifth Week - Anything Goes Challenge

Hi there... it's time for our weekly challenge at Watercooler Wednesday... And as this is the 5th week of the month - bonus time - It's an Anything Goes....


Today I'm sharing a bit of a Shabby Chic card.... I have been watching a NZ craft company who have been doing card class on Facebook.  This card is one of the classes.

It's a bit of a fancy fold card.  The ribbon keeps it closed.  I chose to use some patterned papers from a Die Cuts With a View pad called "Spring Fling"  I took three different patterns to make each of the layers.  My base is some vanilla cream card to match the colour on the papers.  For my centre panel I used two the same papers so I could cut out the flowers to layer.  The only stamping on this is the little sentiment stripe from an Altenew stamp set called "Hello Gorgeous"    As the paper has glitter on it, I only needed a few Lucy's Little Things - Ice Cube gems.  to finish it off.

I've sent this to my Dad and Ngaire in Upper Hutt - just to give them a big hug.  I ring Dad every week, but I think he'll love getting this from me. 

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow Dawn - you really did shabby chic proud with the beauty!! Love the patterns you combined!!

Betty said...

wonderful shabby chic card - love those papers together!

Greta said...

Beautiful papers & love the fancy fold!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Dawn - love that fold, and using the coordinating papers gives a stunning result.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Tristan said...

You've done shabby chic beautifully Dawn and I bet your dad loved it.

Helen said...

So lovely, Dawn!! I haven't done any shabby chic for ages! You've inspired me to try again! Love all the delicate little florals! Stay safe! :)