Sunday 31 May 2020

Coffee with Love

It's the last day of the month at Die Cut Divas.  Our theme for the month was ""Make it a Beverage".
CAS-ual Fridays Stamps


Prize: $20 gift code

It's also been the Coffee Lovers Spring/Summer blog hop - I managed to sneak my card in a bit earlier than this post to get it included! 


My team mate Arlene sent me some of these coffee cups and Coffee sentiment die from CAS-ual Fridays. I finished off my coffee sentiment with a very old Hero Arts sentiment from one of the 2x3" sets. My background was a digital image I found on Pinterest. 

I also made another card for the Blog hop...


I recently saw the technique of using a used teabag to stamp on, over at Splitcoaststampers.  I drink Peppermint tea and the teabags I use have cute sayings on the tag.   So I dried the teabag, removed the tea leaves and then stamped on the bag.  I used Catherine Pooler Designs stamp set called Tilly's Garden.  I used CP inks in Grass Green and Royal Treatment and Versafine Onyx Black to stamp the design.  I added some red Nuvo Drops for the flower centres and berries.    To add some texture to my design I used an embossing folder strip.  I did a little stamp surgery to make part of the sentiment.  It was a longer sentiment from an Altenew set. 

It's Queens Birthday weekend here in New Zealand this weekend - Monday is a public holiday.  I decided to take today off as well.  We had an appointment with one of our kitchen designers at lunch time so it made sense to take the whole day off and go look at the design and price up the appliances.  We had seen one design earlier in the week which I liked most parts of and today - liked some parts and definitely didn't like other parts.  So still lots of decisions to be made like bench top colours, what sort of splashback and what sort of pantry we want.

Thanks for stopping by.  

2 comments:

Greta said...

2 great cards, Dawn! I really like the second one--unique & fun!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Dawn what amazing cards, especially that second one - that is such an elegant and fun design. I must save some of my tea bags :)
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine