Tuesday 26 May 2020

Jennifer McGuire's Stencil and baby wipe technique.

If you are every feeling a lack of mojo, just go visit Jennifer McGuire's blog and you will be enthused and inspired... there are so many awesome ideas.  Yesterday I saw her do a technique she calls Stencils and baby wipes.  It's really the coolest thing ever....

I made two panels today - using two colours of Distress Oxide inks


the light blue ink is Broken China with a stencil made by a local NZ company and the greener one is Evergreen Bough with an Altenew Roses Bouquet stencil.  I put it at an angle on my card which is why I ended up with a bit of a muntted corner piece.  Basically you use your stencil to emboss onto the inked card - layer is embossing mat, oxide coloured panel, stencil and then a wet baby wipe over the top and passed through you die cutting machine a few times.  The moisture of the baby wipe lightens the stenciling.  It looks and feels like velvet.    I made the green one into a card


It's a bit smaller than an A5 size in length. I matted it onto black card and then onto a white base.  I took some light green card and die cut the Catherine Pooler designs die and again die cut it from some black fun foam.  Added the sub-sentiment from Altenew Hello Gorgeous set in white embossing.  A few clear gems finished off the card.  So happy with the results of this technique.

I am entering this one into the Monochromatic Challenge at The Flower Challenge

5 comments:

Betty said...

you got such great results using DO inks - maybe the color i used wasn't dark enough as mine just look embossed with no contrast - had better luck with the DI inks. anyway your card is lovely

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh, these are stunning Dawn - I saw that technique and thought it was good one.
Well done on using it so beautifully
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Karen Dunbrook said...

this is beautiful...I made one as well, now I need to finish it.
Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Flower Challenge
:) Karen

creationsnz said...

Hi Dawn, beautiful cards with this technique from Jennifer. I had a go as well, love it. CarolG

Greta said...

What a cool technique! I'll have to watch the video & give it a try! Love both your panels & the card, Dawn!