Monday 4 May 2020

Red Fabulous Florets

Another Fabulous Floret card.  I was really keen to try the flowers in a red colour scheme so pulled out some red Altenew inks.

For my flowers I used Heartbeat and Vineyard Berry inks. I used Charcoal Suit grey ink for my flower outlines.  The centres were stamped in Jet Black and Maple Yellow inks.  For the leaves, I left the outline stamp off and used Forest Glades and  Evergreen inks. The sentiment was stamped in Obsidian black ink using a sentiment from More than Words set.   I added a few black faceted gems. 

Another weekend done and dusted and New Zealand had NO Covid 19 cases today... 9 weeks from the first case.  Hope it may continue - we are still on Level 3 alert with still a lot of restrictions.  Little Grace turns one on Sunday and her birthday party has been cancelled.  I'm hoping we might be able to drop off her present and see her, albeit from a distance. 

Take care and be safe.

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a pretty card Dawn, and beautifully stamped with the layering stamps!
I know what you are saying about cancelled parties.. I have had two grand children with birthdays so far ... I just hope that the C-19 crazies (that's my name for them) who insist on gathering and partying don't cause another outbreak! I have some in my neighbourhood. have reported them repeatedly, but no change!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Dawn, we are in full lockdown still , Hoping they will lift things a little soon although our government hasn't been as effective as yours . It was hubbys 70th and we had planned lots of things. Hopefully we can meet with the family again soon. Keep safe. Hugs Sally

creationsnz said...

Simple and beautiful. The red and black is a stunner. CarolG

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous flowers, Dawn! Great news about NZ's status and hope you can meet with family again soon! Happy bday to sweet Grace!!

Greta said...

Love the flowers in red, Dawn! I heard your country was one of the ones handling the virus better than many others. Our state is doing better than a lot & fortunately we're not in a crowded area. However, everything I hear from the scientists is not sounding good for the foreseable future. Just glad we've stayed healthy! You take care!