Tuesday 12 May 2020

Spring Card Camp 2 - Day 3 Homework

I have watched Day 3 - 6 of the Spring Card Camp but only had time to do Day 3's homework.

Day 3- Dry embossing with Stencils.
This is a technique which I really like.

I took a Penny Black stencil and using my Cuttlebug sandwich to emboss.  It turned out really good.  I then took a Distress Oxide  - Worn Lipstick and blended all over the the card.  I added some gold Spectrum Noir sparkle pen to dots on the flowers. I added the panel to some gold paper to mat it.   I used a Sizzix stamp and die set to make the Hello sentiment.  I added a sentiment stamped with the Distress Oxide using a little Altenew stamp. 

I am entering this into the monochromatic challenge at The Flower Challenge.
 

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great impression you got with the stencil Dawn, and a wonderful resulting card - there is so much interest in it, and being monochrome makes it even more stunning
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

so pretty, Dawn - you really did get a great impression - my first machine was a CuttleBug and I'm still using it.

Greta said...

Perfect result & beautiful card! You've inspired me to try it again!

creationsnz said...

A lovely result Dawn with nice subtle colouring on the stencil-emboss. CarolG

Ericka Strange said...

Love the dry embossing and the beautiful pink. Great job and thanks for playing along at The Flower Challenge!