Thursday 14 May 2020

WWC 271 - Kath's Challenge: All About Occasions

Hi there - time for another challenge at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge. Kath is our hostess with an All About Occasions challenge.


This is a cute little 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" card.  I recently was inspired by my blog friend, Virginia Lu, to use nesting dies to create a frame.  For the frame on this one, I used some Spellbinders Hexagon dies and some textured silver card.   I did some stenciling behind the frame using a Faith Pocock Studio's Bubble stencil and some Sea Breeze Altenew ink.  I then stamped some Altenew Painted Roses in Altenew Wisteria and Hydrangea inks, and Grass Field ink for the leaves.  I fussy cut the flowers and added to the  frame.  I added a sentiment from Altenew Beautiful Day set.  I added some 3D Liquid Pearls in dark purple as my final embellishment. 


Come and join in the fun at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and  check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project  to the challenge post.  We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 12.00 NZ time) to link up your project.

7 comments:

Tristan said...

Lovely tiny card Dawn. That frame is perfect for those flowers and great idea with the bubbles in the background.

Betty said...

love that textured frame and those painted flowers are always so pretty!

kiwimeskreations said...

What an awesome frame Dawn - love the way the silver and texture draw the eye into the centre of the card with the beautiful stenciling and sentiment
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Oh wow--LOVE that textured silver for the frame, Dawn! What a gorgeous card!

creationsnz said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Dawn. Love those subtle colours and simple design. CarolG

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

LOVE this styley card Dawn! That hexagon frame is awesome!! Love the purple blooms, I think I have this set! Everytime I see your creations with Altenew stamps, I'm always so inspired and think 'I must pull mine out'! Another fabulous creation hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo

Helen said...

Great frame on this lovely little card, Dawn! It makes it so elegant and the stencil background is a perfect addition! :)