Sunday 17 May 2020

Spring Card Camp 2 - Day 6 Homework

Warning: Photo heavy post

I'm back today to share five cards I made for Day 6's homework.  Day 6 was all about Colour Blocking.   The idea was to take three different colours of cardstock and emboss a background stamp then cut up the card to make some cards. 

I used a Hero Arts background stamp (Antique Background circa 2009) and pale purple, pale green, pale blue pearlescent card..  I white embossed the background.  

Card 1

I cut the three panels and mounted onto to black and then a light cream card.  This was then mounted onto a darker cream base.  I used a sentiment from Altenew Sentiment Strips 2.  Added some silver sequins to finish.  

Card 2

I took two of the panels and laid them on my card base.  I die cut a white butterfly with a Memory Box die - Chloe Butterfly and laid it over the top of the panels.  The white embossed sentiment is  from the Altenew Sentiment Strips 2.

Card 3

I layered the strips of coloured pieces at different levels.  Add some blue and white strips.  The You die cut is from Catherine Pooler Designs.  And the sub sentiment is part of one of the Altenew Sentiment Strips 2.  I masked the word you before stamping with some Obsidian ink.   I added some blue and green sequins to finish. 

Card 4

 For this one, I used only blue and green panels layered onto some black card.  I added to a white base which was trimmed to a bit narrower than a normal base.  I added a printed sentiment from Catherine Pooler Designs.  A few green gems finished it off. 

and finally Card 5

I trimmed the colour blocks to squares of 1 3/4" and added to the black mat.  The base is a square of light grey card.  The sentiment is from an older Penny Black set (circa 2012) called Wishes.  I stamped in Catherine Pooler ink - It's a Boy. I die cut the stamped circle and also a Spellbinders Scalloped die.

So from three pieces of card I got 5 cards and had some tiny pieces left over.  Not quite enough for another one. 

Thanks for stopping by today.  It's been a fun weekend making these and also finally spending some time with my son and his family.  Little Grace has grown so much in the last 9 weeks since I last saw her.  She is walking all the time now and has 4 teeth.   I was so happy that she came to be straight away and gave me a big hug.  

 Here I am reading her book to her.  I was sitting on the floor playing and she came over with her book and plonked her little bottom on my leg.  So cute.

7 comments:

Lin said...

How fun to see this stamp again, Dawn - I love what you did with it, especially the off-set panels with the big butterfly!
And what a joy for you to get to spend some time with your little Grace!

Betty said...

wow - such great cards all from stamping three panels - you chose such pretty colors to go together! and such a darling picture of Grace and you.

creationsnz said...

They are so delicate and the colours so soft - LOVELY! CarolG

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

Aww that photo is so precious Dawn! LOVE it! Gorgeous job with the cards too, so many gorgeous variations on the theme. Lovely! Hugs, Wends xoxo

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh what a beautiful photo - wee Grace knows she is loved! There is nothing quite like the love of a grandie!
Loving your cards Dawn, they are amazing, and what a great technique to use. The way you have used the pieces, especially on the second and third cards is stunning
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great camp cards, Dawn - love that stamp and what you did with it! Beautiful photo of you and Grace - so glad you can be together again!!

Greta said...

Ahh--darling picture of you & Grace! What a neat idea for making cards! I especially love the one with the white butterfly--artistic & beautiful!