Thursday 21 May 2020

WWC 272 Helen's Challenge: Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist.

Hi there - time for another challenge at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge.  Helen is our hostess with an Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist challenge.




I have been struggling to do masculine cards so I went back through my Flickr photosteam to get some ideas.  This technique was one I saw over at Jennifer McGuire's blog in 2015 which she called Faux Textured Metal Paper.  I remember enjoying making the faux metal paper back then and again today.   It's done by using Perfect Pearls over distress inking.  For this one I masked the centre of the white card and then sponged on Fossilized Amber Distress ink and added Bronze Perfect Pearls.    It really gives it a metallic shine which when you emboss it, makes it really pop.  I used a WRMK 3D embossing folder .   I added the big Happy Birthday die from Elizabeth Craft Designs cut from black cards stock.   I added some black pearls to finish.   


Come and join in the fun at Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and  check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project  to the challenge post.  We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 12.00 NZ time) to link up your project.

7 comments:

Betty said...

what a great guy card - that bold sentiment with the copper background is wonderful - quite forgotten about perfect pearls - must dig them out again.

Dotty Jo said...

Great idea - works so well as a guy card, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Yummy texture with that embossing, Dawn, and I love how you masked a section first and applied Perfect Pearls! Great masculine card!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love that technique, and I used ot at the time too - love how it has worked out here - a stunning card!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

A very classic look Dawn and so masculine. CarolG

Helen said...

A brilliant idea for a masculine card, Dawn! I always take ages to decide on a make card design. This one is perfect. I love that embossing folder. It's one of my favs! Take care! :)

Greta said...

This is one of my favorite techniques I learned from JM & I haven't done it in ages. Love how this card turned out, Dawn!