Monday 15 June 2020

Retiform Card

This month's swap on my NZ card group was to use the Retiform technique.  Suna set the theme after seeing Gina K doing this technique recently.   She gave us a number of different You Tube tutorials.

Here's the card I sent to Maxine


I started by stamping the flowers in the centre of my card and then using post it notes I made the different retiform shapes.  I used some purple inks to do my inking and stamping.  The images around the retiform are all from a Pink Paislee set that I've had for a very long time.  It has lots of different images.  I was really happy how this turned out.  I like the focal floral image that really stood out on the card. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Day one back in the office was manic.  We had over 200 customers coming into our counter which kept us super busy.  A normal pre-Covid day was around the 80 mark.  Hopefully it will settle down over the next few days.  After 3 months of no contact with Inland Revenue in a face to face basis, people were happy to have someone to see.  The contact/call centres are very busy as well. 

7 comments:

Lin said...

You taught me something today, Dawn - I've seen this style before but had no idea of the name. Love how yours came out!

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely card, Dawn. What an interesting and effective technique, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I didn't remember this style, nor had I heard that name. Watched Gina K.'s video - very fun. Just love what you did with the technique, Dawn! I love the colored flowers in the center with the sentiment and your soft lavender grids around it!! Glad your first day back went well, though busy!!

Suze said...

This is really lovely Dawn. I love the contrast between the purple and pink. A beautiful image for your centrepiece too.

Greta said...

Oh wow--don't envy you about the job! So glad I'm retired! I've never heard of that technique, but sure made a pretty card!

creationsnz said...

So pretty Dawn, and the subtle colors really highlight the centre panel. CarolG

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving this card Dawn - it's really pretty IRL, and I am enjoying it :)
Hope work is settling down a bit more for you now.
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine