Sunday 14 June 2020

Card Chain Challenge.... May 2020

I took part in May's CCC and the was a bit of a blog hop for the reveal.  However I had to wait for my card to reach it's recipient as I had forgotten to take a photo.   Did you know that the Card Chain Challenge started in October 2009 - and I was there for the first challenge.  I've missed a few months over the years.  In fact, I realised that it has been going so long when I check out the first reveal Here
I'll share my first card after the May one


I made this one using a freebie from Catherine Pooler Designs. It is a digital image that Catherine made.  I stamped with Catherine Pooler's Tilly's Garden stamp set.  I cut out the centre part and matted it with the purple card and popped it back in the space.

And here is the very first card I sent to my dear bloggy friend, Arlene.


My goodness, my card making has progressed a lot since Oct 2009.  At that stage I had only been crafting for a year or so.

So here I am over 10 years later I still as enthused with card making as I was then - just with many dollars worth of supplies more!

Today this my birthday.  I've had a great weekend away with friends at Mangawhai and on our way home we stop off to visit with Grace. She is growing so quickly.   Tomorrow will be my first time back in the office in 12 weeks.  Started working on Monday  23rd March and NZ went into Lock-down Level 4 on the 25th March.  It will be strange going back into the office.  I got to enjoy working from home.... no commute, starting early and finishing early so I could get my exercise done.   This coming week I am rostered to work at our Front of House - seeing anyone who comes into our office for tax assistance.  It's from 8.45 to 4.00pm so a bit latter than I have been used to.

17 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beautiful card Dawn - your style, and skills, certainly have changed over the past decade - as have mine!
Happy birthday for today - sounds as though you have had a good one.
All the best for work tomorrow - as you say, it will be strange.
Stay safe in the 'front of house'
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

your card is lovely, Dawn - sort of fun to look back and see how our style has changed - stay safe at work with your new "normal".

Dotty Jo said...

It's really interesting to see how our styles have developed and changed isn't it! So glad you've been a link in the chain for so long, Dawn. I'm thinking that this may be how we 'met'? Big hugs, stay safe, Jo x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful May CCC card, Dawn - love that flower image and how you colored it!! Thanks for linking to the first challenge - I didn't play but I see my friends who did, so fun. Yes, we've come a long way baby!! And still changing and growing as we learn more techniques and get more tools - so fun!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Forgot to say Happy Birthday - have a wonderful day, my friend!!

Robyn Oliver said...

Great post Dawn and a fabulous card for the May CCC.... yes all our talents have grown, it's been fun looking back... congrats on being with the first CCC and a big Happy Birthday wish and do hope going back to work goes smoothly... it's been a trying different 6 months.. hugs and stay safe Robyn

ionabunny said...

Happy Birthday Dawn and thanks for the link to the first reveal. Awesome that you were there from the start. I love the card you sent to Jeanette and your first card is so pretty too. Great sketch that one. I have added the picture and link to this post to the reveal. Hugz

Greta said...

Hope no problems with going back into the office. I heard New Zealand really did things right. Glad you enjoyed your BD & got to see Grace! Beautiful purple floral card--great design! Fun to see your very first card! Pretty neat to have been part of the first exchange, Dawn!

Suzanne H said...

Happy Belated Birthday! Such fun to see the change in our styles over time. Take care going back to work.

Suze said...

Lovely card Dawn. I like your design.

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards, Dawn! I love the Catherine Pooler set you used on your May card and the color combo!

Arlene said...

As soon as I saw it, I thought, "I remember that card!". Sorry I didn't get around to checking out the Card Chain Challenges until today. Yep, I remember your card to this day. Lots of years we've been friends over the miles.

Hugs to you!

HilaryJane said...

Happy belated birthday, I am glad you enjoyed it. I bet that was a shock to the system to go back to work and be front of house as well, hope you survived it OK. Two great cards here and yes, it is interesting looking back and seeing how the cards and style and skill have evolved over the years. I am so glad you still love making cards xx

Jeanne H said...

I am so happy to have this card. It's on display near my desk right now!

Angelnorth said...

Such a pretty design for the May CCC Dawn! It's fun to look back on earlier projects and see how our style and skill has progressed, isn't it? Hope your return to work is going OK and it's starting to feel a bit more normal again now.

Janis said...

How gorgeous!! I adore the beautiful floral stamping! Lovely staging, also, with the doily.
Happy belated BD and how fun to see your first card that you shared with CCC. I am new to CCC and am looking fwd to participating and getting acquainted with everyone!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Tina Z. said...

Happy belated Birthday!
wow, you are here from the beginning!!
it is great to see how we develop our crafty style, stunning cards!