Friday 12 June 2020

Stippled Flowers

Yesterday I managed to catch Jen Rzasa's Facebook Live and was so inspired by her cards I had to CASE one of them.  Jen used Peaceful Reverie and made 4 cards using the same design and colours.  I have had this stamp set for some time but struggled with ideas so was super stocked to watch and be inspired.

My card uses Jen's first idea of just using the stippling layer of the stamp set.

Jen used the matching masks but as I don't have them, I used some Simon Says Stamp masking paper to make my own.  I used Coral Bliss and Hydrangea inks to stamp my flowers and bamboo to stamp my leaves.   I used some Alcohol markers to colour the stamen and used some black gems for the centres.  I used a sentiment from the Sincere Sentiment set.  I used the masks over the flowers and splattered some black watercolour paint.  I matted my panel onto some dark pink card and then onto my white card base.

I really was glad I was able to watch the FB live and was inspired to use this set.  I can see myself using different colour combinations with just this soft stippling layer. 

5 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh how beautiful - the stippled stamping is gorgeous Dawn
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Beautiful card Dawn.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Gorgeous flowers, Dawn, and I love the black splatters too - great card!!

Greta said...

So pretty!

creationsnz said...

Oh I love this one Dawn, so different. ANd great splatters, so fine and even. CarolG