Monday 27 July 2020

Exploring Watercolour Mediums...Day 1 homework

I have been taking an Altenew Academy class called "Exploring Watercolour Mediums"  - so far I've watch Day 1 and Day 2 videos  and I've done my Day 1 homework.

Day 1 technique was to use inks as a watercolour medium by stamping and then spritzing with water.


I used Leaf Canopy for the leaves and Fabulous Florets for the flowers.  I used the same technique to stamp the flowers.  Once they were dry I used the outline layer to gold emboss the flowers before die cutting.  I used the same technique to colour some white card.  I used a MFT reverse stamp to add ink and water.  I used the Bold Thanks die to cut out the pink piece.  Finished with part of a sentiment from Sentiment Stripes 2 and a few green sequins and added some gems to the flower centres.

Now to catch up on Days 3-6 videos and the homework.

4 comments:

Betty said...

very pretty in those soft colors - usually i take all the AA classes but skipped this one.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beautiful blossoms, Dawn! Love the pearl details in the centers!!

creationsnz said...

Lovely fresh colours and a fab card. CarolG

Greta said...

I do love that technique, but forget to use it. This is really lovely, Dawn!