Sunday 9 August 2020

Love you Slimline Card

Hello all.

It's been an interesting week - we have started demolishing the kitchen.  And then yesterday our son and his mate came to finish off and get the electricals done.  So now NO KITCHEN....until the 26th.   The floor go down on the 22nd. 



While the guys were doing the work,  I had a bit of time in the craft room.  I watched some You Tube videos and made this slimline card.  Time to join the bandwagon. 


I cut my A4 sheet into a 20cm piece and a 10cm.  I folded the 20cm piece in half to make the base and trimmed the smaller panel for the front of the card.   On the panel stamped one of the leaves from "A Study in Watercolour" set by Altenew twice in Blush ink,  My flowers are Altenew 3D - the large flower from Fantasy Floral   and the buds from Floral Virginia Rose using Paint chips again.  I splattered some darker pink ink over the background and finished with a stamped sentiment in black from the Happy Birthday to You set and added a dark pink Paint chip die sentiment from the Treble Love die set.

This morning dawned crisp and clear.  A mere 9 degrees C at 8.30 as we headed out for a lovely walk.  7.1 kms and 1 hour 25 mins latter it 12 degrees and feeling balmy when we got home.  


A stunning early Spring morning...  being positive here!  Look this about 2/3rd of the way round the walk after all the hard uphill bits were done.  

Enjoy your weekend.

8 comments:

Lin said...

We got a new kitchen about 4 years ago, Dawn, and your picture looks very familiar! It will all be worth it, and hard to remember what it used to be like. Love your pretty-in-pink slimline card, and you are so very lucky to live in the beautiful place you do! Thanks for sharing!

Greta said...

Lovely background & those buds make me want to get that set! Great card, Dawn! Beautiful picture of your world!

Suze said...

I'm sure it will be worth all the inconvenience when you get your new kitchen. Love the view on your walk. I'm also optimistically hoping that Spring is on its way early - had enough of all the rain! Lovely slimline card Dawn. I like the soft background.

Marja Sch said...

Good luck with the kitchen. I hope it will work out al weel and you can enjoy it for al long time. Your card is wonderful. I’m also getting into the slimeline cards. Overhere we have a heat wave, so we try to keep as cool as possible. Greetings Marja

kiwimeskreations said...

Your kitchen is looking a bit like my bathroom has done for the past three months - the shower should be operative again this week! Glad you are not having to wait that long for your kitchen :)
Love your card - that is really lovely - love the stamped background to thr die cuts
Yes, spring is definitely 'springing' - so glad, I am over the dreary days of winter.
Stat safe
Blessings
Maxine

Betty said...

your slim card is so pretty, Dawn - love the faint colored background to accent the flower. exciting to have a new kitchen - i just ordered all new appliances in black stainless - have to wait a few months for the fridge - manufacturing behind 'cause of covid.

Chrissy said...

You have something wonderful to look forward to Dawn with your new kitchen and I LOVE your slimline card, the flowers are gorgeous and I love your background, so soft and lovely..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Making great progress on the kitchen, Dawn!! I'll have that to look forward to if I ever move ahead on a remodel here... Just love your slimline card! The silhouette flower stem looks amazing behind your gorgeous layered flower & I love the splatters too!!