Tuesday 11 August 2020

July CCC

Hi there.  Last month I took part in the Card Chain Challenge and sent off a card to Nathalie in Canada.   I haven't heard if she got the card despite sending it on 16 July. 

Our options this time around were:



or themes;
Under the Sea/Cogs/Friendship
or
Product/Technique Options: Twine/Stencil


Here is my card 

My card loosely based on the sketch and the colours, and uses a stencil.  Iblended on some purple and blue/grey inks and then used a use the Tim Holtz stencil to do a reverse stencil technique by using black ink.   I used an Altenew Hello Circle die to cut the centre panel.  I added some faux stitching around the edge. 

Hope you are all keeping safe.  Covid-19 doesn't seem to be loosening it's hold on the world.  Here in NZ there has been no community transmitted cases for over 100- oh boy - just as I am writing this the Government has called an emergency press conference - First community transmission in 102 days... just waiting to hear what is going to happen.   4 cases in one family with no unknown source.  Back to 2 metres social distancing.  Use the Covid tracer app and a mask if you can not keep 2 metres apart...   Auckland will be moving to Level 3 lockdown for 3 days - Stay home in bubble- work from home - gatherings less than 10 with social distancing.   Rest of the country at Level 2.  Restricted number at gatherings - only 100 - social distancing.   

WOW - luckily I have been bringing my work laptop home each night so I will just work from home for the next three days. 

5 comments:

Suze said...

Lovely card Dawn. I like the stencilling on the circle. I had a card that I sent to someone in the South Island on 14th July that was only received today. The mail is all over the place. I'm hoping they can get this case of community transmission under control and the Alert Level Changes are only short term. I guess we'll know on Friday. Good that you are already prepared for working at home. Take care, Suze.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Just love your stenciled background to the hello circle, Dawn - so rich with color!! Sorry to hear you're heading to another lockdown over 4 new cases. Just in Minnesota we've had 332 new cases since yesterday & that's with masks, social distancing etc etc. Our state has about a million more people than New Zealand with people constantly coming in & out from all the surrounding states. Stay safe and enjoy working from home!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Dawn - we must have been thinking alike as I have put up a post with reverse stenciling on it. Loving the drama in in your card with the dark colours behind the stenciling.
Yes, I had just had a message from my son when the alert came in - apparently there is a positive case in Rotorua, I heard today... that's getting a bit close!
Hopefully this will pass sooner rather than later
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Lovely card Dawn, that bold circle sets it off nicely. CarolG

Greta said...

How wonderful to have a government that takes action to prevent the spread & deaths from Covid! Hopefully, it works. Glad you can work from home. Lovely card using that fun technique!