Thursday 13 August 2020

WWC 284 - Dawn's Challenge - All About Occasions

Hi there.  Challenge time at Watercooler Wednesday again... And today I am the hostess with an All About Occasions challenge. 


I have made a Friendship card for today. 


Last month I picked up Simply Cards and Papercrafts magazine - Vol 203.  It had this beautiful layered Peony stamp and die set.  I CASE'd a card from the magazine.  I stamped the flowers in Altenew inks from the Rose Petal set and used the matching die to cut them out.  I trimmed some white card to 13cm x 13cm and using some acetate to make a circle mask/stencil.  I used the lightest ink in the set (Rose Quartz) to blend on the base.  I took some Grey Denim Altenew ink and stamped the leaves around where I added the flowers with dimentional tape. I stamped the sentiment onto some white card and cut it with my trimer and scissors to make a flag end.  I used a sponge dauber to ink around the edge of the sentiment and the panel.  I cut a card base 14cm x 14cm and added my panel. 


Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 11.00 am NZ time ) to link up your project.

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Thanks for the inspiration and fun challenge, Dawn! I'm playing along - will have a post up for it tomorrow. Just love you trio of peonies - so pretty in pinks with the grey leaves!!

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Dawn - love your colours and the fact that you used grey for the leaves really makes the pinks 'pop'.
That is one magazine we don't see down here - but that said, I had better stop buying magazines as I have so much unused stash...
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

Ha! I have just watched a video doing masked circles, thinking I must have a go, and you beat me to it. This looks lovely and soft, and I like how the leaves are grey, very stylish. CarolG

Betty said...

so pretty with all the soft colors - just posted my card for you challenge this morning!

Helen said...

So pretty and feminine, Dawn! Take care! :)

Greta said...

Beautiful flowers & love the gray leaves with the pink!