Sunday 2 August 2020

Paint Chip flowers.

Hi there... Yesterday I shared a card with flowers made with Paint Chips...and today hubby has to visit the hardware store and I tagged along and got some more paint chips.  This time I gathered some Valspar chips.  Not as big as the British Paints ones, but large enough to get two flowers/leaves with each one.  Of course as soon as I got home I went into the craft room and created this card.


I CASE'd a card that Therese Calvird made.  I used her idea to use stripes and to use a sentiment with the line between the two words.  Therese used a stamp from Trendy Circles Stamp set, but I made my own by taking words from the Sentiment Stripe and masking and stamping them one over another and drawing a line between.  I cut some plain leaves from Virginia Rose 3D dies.   The striped paper is from an Altenew paper pad.   I finished with a few white enamel dots and some pearls for the flower centres.

Our kitchen reno has started.... Hubby has started to demolish the current one.  So I'll be without cooking facilities for a few weeks as our son is helping us to the reno and can only do it in the weekends.  Before the new kitchen is ready to be put in (26th) we have to remove the old one, re-gib some of the walls and put down the new wooden floor in the dining and kitchen.   Can't wait to get it finished. 

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope your weekend is going well.

7 comments:

Lin said...

What a lovely design, Dawn - your flowers make me think of orange sherbet, SO pretty! And excited with you to hear about your new kitchen in the works. Hope you'll post pictures when it's all done!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful orange flowers, Dawn! Just love them on the green striped background!! Yay - demo has begun; enjoy the process!!

Betty said...

wonderful card, Dawn - i just did a similar one only just used yellow paper and stenciled my black stripes - you should post some before and after pics of the new kitchen - i just had a new chair delivered yesterday - what a difference it has made in the living room

creationsnz said...

Fabulous, and the paint ships are already organised into colour gradients!! They make lovely flowers. CarolG

creationsnz said...

BTW, good luck with the reno!!

HilaryJane said...

What a stand out card, wonderful colours and that bold striped background adds something special xx

Greta said...

Good luck with the remodel! I know it will be worth the hassle when you're done! Love this card--so beautiful!