Friday 18 September 2020

A Christmas card with No stamping. - and a kitchen update

 Hi there..... well I haven't been doing much card making over the week or so.... as I've been making masks.... I made myself a no-fog mask and wore it at work.  Well won't you know it... people asked me to make some.... so sewed all weekend and then had to take a day off work on Wednesday to sew all day... Actually I was home as the bench was to be installed. Which is another story of it's own!!!!   

I needed to get some more material - I had an order for  5 masks with a Maori design as part of the daily prizes for our Maori Language week celebrations - so headed to a local shopping area where there is an shop called Ike's Emporium.  It stocks a multitude of things. They buy end of lines etc.  Their stock of materials is awesome and also very reasonable.  I found a variety of Polyensian designs and found some Maori looking designs as well.  


Whilst in Browns Bay, I popped into one of the stationery stores and picked up a pack from an older magazine.  The store keeps the extra freebies and sells them for a small price.  I chose a Christmas pack that had a stamp set of Christmas images, a little poinsettia die, some patterned papers, some preprinted cards and some chipboard sheets of images.    So when I saw Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge was No Stamping Allowed I knew I could whip up a quick card with the chipboard images.

I took one of the cards and used the back to make my green panel.  I then used the sentiment, birds and flowers from the chipboard.  I used the mini dimensionals that came with the kit to add them all to the card and then added it all to a navy blue base.  A few gold sequins finished it off.  


So Wednesday with the bench... I was watching the installers bringing the panel with the sink cut out and noticed that there were where two holes - one for the tap and another one near it.  I had specified when the guy came to measure up that we were NOT having a air switch for the disposal unit - so only should have been one hole.  Well long story short... they had to take it away and get a new panel cut!  An expensive mistake for the stone cutters!  At least the cabinet maker was able to get the overbench pantry installed.  Tonight the bench installers arrived at 4.45pm to get the missing benches and the window sills done... finished at around 7.00pm.  Still about 2% to be finished off.  The riser between the bench and the window sill has to be cut to size and the splash back to be added.  They are due back next Thursday.  We will have to put off the plumber as he can not add the tap until the riser is in.  So still a week or so till we can start using the kitchen.  


Thanks for stopping by.  


5 comments:

Betty said...

wonderful card, Dawn - those little birds are so cute!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Cutie with chipboards, Dawn - love the birdies!! Looks like your kitchen is coming along well - congrats! And I love the masks - what fabulous material and wouldn't it be great to have one that doesn't fog up the glasses!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a gorgeous card Dawn - and a great find with the old magazine pack. No one does it here, but I found a store out at Raglan that does....
Your kitchen looks amazing - what a pain about the bench - as you say, an expensive mistake for the stone cutters! I started on my kitchen (under bench) cupboards the other day... it's not as painful doing them as the studio!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Helen said...

A great Christmas card, Dawn! I love to see something different! Hopefully by now your kitchen is up and running!! Enjoy!!

Greta said...

There's always something wrong when it comes to construction, but at least you can see the end is coming & it's looking so fresh & pretty! Sweet Christmas card!