Thursday 17 September 2020

WWC 289 Heidi's Challenge: Anything Goes With a Masculine Twist

 Welcome back to another challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.  This week Heidi is our hostess with an Anything Goes with a Masculine Twist.  


I do struggle with Masculine cards at times.  This is a very simple card using a background I recently made with my Gelli Plate and some stencils.  I forgot to note which inks I used.  I know they are Distress Oxides.  I made the base layer with a pale green, used the stencil to remove some colour and then use the stencil in the normal way.  

I cut my panel into three pieces and added to a dark green card base.  I then took the Altenew Apothecary label stamp set and used some Mountain Pine ink.  I used my MISTI as I inked the stamp 4 times to get a good dark coverage.  I then took an Altenew sentiment and white embossed it onto the label. 

Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 11.00 am NZ time ) to link up your project.


8 comments:

Lin said...

Love your mix of wood and leaves, Dawn! A perfect recipe for the guys!

Betty said...

that background is fantastic, Dawn - have been thinking about getting a gel plate - this card just might make me do it!

Becca Cruger said...

Masculine cards are the most challenging for me, as well. But you did a bang up job on this one! That stenciled inky background is super cool and interesting

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fab background with the gelli plate, Dawn! Just love the green leaves - perfect for a guy!!

creationsnz said...

Aren't gellplates fun, and are never the same twice. This is a wonderfully subtle pattern and great for your masculine challenge. CarolG

Tristan said...

This is gorgeous Dawn. I keep forgetting to use my gelli plate. I love the green tones and differing layers you've achieved.

Greta said...

What a great technique & wonderful card, Dawn!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love this Dawn - that background is amazing! So very effective
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine