Thursday 1 October 2020

WWC 291 - Fifth Week Anything Goes Challenge

 Back again with another challenge at Watercooler Wednesday.  There are 5 Wednesday's in September so this is our Fifth Week Anything Goes Challenge... 


Today I am sharing a background I made after seeing a Gina K Facebook live a few weeks ago.

Can you guess what the background is made with?  It's an older technique - using rubber bands.   I wrapped some rubber bands onto a block.  I then inked up the bands with a variety of Altenew inks in darker red and blue colours.  I changed the orientation of my block to get the different directions.  
I stamped the oval from Gina K's Warm Spring Wishes  and used one of the sentiments and butterflies from the set.  As I don't have the co-ordinating dies I fussy cut the oval and butterfly.  A few small pearls finished the card. 

 Come and join in the fun at  Watercooler Wednesday Challenge and check out the project from the other designers.  Then take our challenge and link up your project to the challenge post.    We'd love to have you join us.  You have until Monday at 5 pm Mountain Standard Time (Tuesday at 11.00 am NZ time ) to link up your project.

 

7 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a fun background, Dawn - I missed that Gina K. session will have to go check it out. Just love your pretty butterfly too and the great sentiment!!

Dotty Jo said...

Never seen that technique before! What a great effect. Love your card, Dawn, Jo x

kiwimeskreations said...

That certainly is an old technique, but you have made a stunning background using it Dawn - a stunning card
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

Forgot that technique--fun background for your card, Dawn!

creationsnz said...

This is a fun technique and makes a great background. CarolG

Tristan said...

Such a cool background Dawn.

Helen said...

It's amazing how eye-catching the background is with this fun technique, Dawn! A great card! Take care!:)