Saturday 3 October 2020

Gift Bags inspired by Gina K

 I managed to watch Gina K's FB live this week where she made some cute Halloween Gift Bags.  I don't have many Halloween stamps so decided to make a few Christmas bags and a little birthday one.  Gina kindly provided a template to make her box which is a sweet little 3.5" square bag which is what I used to make my birthday bag.

I used some kraft card and used a Hero Arts stencil and some brown Altenew ink to add a pattern to my background.  I used a little Altenew set "Blooming Blossoms" for my flower and leaves.  I fussy cut the flower and leaves.  The sentiment is from Altenew "Merry Reindeer" set, white embossed on a black Scallop oval from Spellbinders.  I attached my topper with a white and silver bakers twine bow.

For my Christmas bags I wanted to use the reindeer from Merry Reindeer, but it is too big for the small square bag so I did some adjustments and made a taller bag.  

 I used some red card to make the bag and added some Couture Creation patterned paper as my background.  I stamped the reindeer onto some white card and then stamped the banner part onto some red card.  I die cut the reindeer and fussy cut to the red piece.  I white embossed the sentiment.  A nice big red ribbon bow finished off the bag. 

And my third bag is a wider, taller one.

I again used some patterned paper for the background and used the bakers twine to close the back.  I had such fun making these and am sure there will be a few more made before Christmas.  I think I'll add some "reindeer poo" inside these ones.  

Thanks to Linda for the heads up - I'm adding my middle bag to the challenge at The Sisterhood of Crafters - Anything but a card.  A fun challenge. 

Am pleased to advise the kitchen is FINISHED - well 99.9% - just the garbage disposal unit to be added to the sink and the rangehood to be connected to the outside.  I am so happy to be back in the kitchen cooking.  So much easier.  

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Darling gift bags, Dawn - just love them all! Hey - you should link up to Sisterhood of Crafters where the challenge is anything but a card:
http://thesisterhoodofcrafters.blogspot.com/2020/09/anything-but-card.html
I played along there with a gift bag!

kiwimeskreations said...

What wonderful bags Dawn - love the lot of them. Great news to hear your kitchen is finished - my bathroom and toilet are finished bar 9 tiles on the basin surround - they will be finished this week. Yesterday the carpet was lifted, and next Saturday it is to be laid.... I am pretty much just camping in the house now, so hopefully it will sell soon!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

How great to have your new kitchen in working order! Very fun gift bags, Dawn! Nice how you can make them into the size you want--turned out great!

Darlene said...

These are just adorable Dawn! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Sisterhood of Crafters challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
SISTERHOOD OF CRAFTERS
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS
Please stop in for a visit!

aussie aNNie said...

Most beautiful designed creation, the colours are stunning, love your Anything but a card creativity . Many thanks for joining us in our current challenge at The Sisterhood Of Crafters Challenge.. good luck with your lovely entry.[aNNie design team member for The Sisterhood of Crafters Challenges
https://thejourneyisthestarthere.blogspot.com/{My Blog}

Karen Brown said...

Congrats of being recognized on Caught By Altenew Blog Post! So cute!