Sunday 13 December 2020

Non-Traditional colours for Christmas

 Hi there.  Today I have two card to share with you that use non-traditional colours and the same Layered Circle Technique, but in two different ways

Card one was for my NZ swap group.  Val set the challenge - and gave us a link to a video showing the layered circle technique - you can see it here 

I decided to do a Christmas card in some non-traditional colours.  I used some pretty shimmery card and cut the three circles in three sizes.  Added the flagged sentiment across the joining of the circles and added a little fussy cut Holly branch.  The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz stamp set.   I used a holly embossed background for some texture.   I'm adding this to the latest challenge at Let's Squash It 


And my second card uses the same colours but just a different way to put the circles together.


I used a different embossing folder and added a Santa in pink that I had used my Scan'n'Cut machine to cut out.  

Hope all my viewers are keeping safe and healthy.  Christmas is less than 2 weeks away so take care. 


7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Two lovely cards - what a fun technique! Thanks for getting Squashy with us, Jo x

Betty said...

wonderful cards, Dawn - love that circle technique and your colors.

Greta said...

Very unique & fun! Happy Holidays!

CinnamonSally said...

Two fabulous cards Dawn, love how you have used the circle dies!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Great technique and I love how both of yours turned out, Dawn!! Darling Santa on card two and I love the holly on card one!!

Suze said...

Beautiful cards Dawn. I like the different embossed backgrounds and the colour scheme you used. I only made one card but have all the left over pieces to make another card when I get a chance.

ionabunny said...

Love these. What fun designs with the circles. Simple, but very striking. Thanks for joining the fun at Let's Squash It! Hugz