Wednesday 13 January 2021

Stencil embossed background.

 


I saw the latest challenge at The Flower Challenge and wanted to have a play.   I started with a piece of green gelli print sheet. 


Next step was to take a Paper Roses Spring flowers stencil and using my Cuttlebug and an embossing pad, emboss the paper.  It makes a beautiful subtle embossed background.  I matted the panel onto some ivory card and then onto an ivory base.  I then took some of the ivory card and used Altenew's Natures Blossom stamps to make the flower to add.  I used the matching stencil to colour the base level and then used the other grey inks to add the inner layers.  Once I die cut the flowers and levels I added some gold thread and then added them to the base.  I had the little birthday sentiment stripe in my "magic mug" so added it.  A few gems finished my card.  

Did have a wee boo - when I went to trim off the overhanging leaf - I nipped a little of the card base - but oh well.... it's a handmade card!

thanks for stopping by.  


3 comments:

maria f. said...

So very pretty. Love that delicate texture in that beautifully soft green BG.

Betty said...

love this - such a pretty background and very classy!

Greta said...

Love the embossed background! I have yet to emboss with a stencil, but maybe one day.