Saturday 13 February 2021

Birthday Butterfly

 I saw that the Challenge at Simon Says Stamp is Slimline - and when I was out and about on Wednesday I came across some lovely patterned paper and some slimline cards - so thought I could have a bit of fun. 


My red card base was already cut to size and ready to use.  I had a very old Inkadinkado stamp set (Sketchy Florals) sitting on my desk from a box card I had made, and decided that a tone-on-tone background would highlight my butterfly perfectly.  I used some Catherine Pooler Rockin' Red ink to add the subtle flourishes.   The butterfly was fussy cut from one of the papers in the English Roses paper pack from Uniti.  I cut the Happy Birthday sentiment (from Paper Rose Studio) from gold glitter cardstock and the shadow layer from Vellum.   A few gold gems finished the card. 

My shoulder injection went well on Wednesday.  Not painful at all.  And so far has helped a little bit.  Time will tell.    I'm having a restful weekend away at our friends and no crafting.  

Take care all. 

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a striking card Dawn - I though you had used Versamark ink on the background, the red ink is such a great match! The butterfly is gorgeous on the patterned paper.
Enjoy your weekend
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous Dawn!

Betty said...

so pretty - the pp is perfect for your butterfly!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Stunning with that butterfly on the red card, Dawn!!