Sunday 7 February 2021

Christmas Pinecones... Slimline card

There's a new challenge at Christmas Kickstart and my friend Arlene is the "Elf" helping Jo and Gail.  The theme this time is Slimline cards  


Slimline cards are all the rage at the moment, and I've jumped on the bandwagon by purchasing a couple of slimline die sets.   


I used the smaller die from a Sunny Studio set (Slimline Scalloped Frame) to cut my inner panel and then matted it onto some red card.  I have the Mini Perfect Layers and used the 1/16" to trim the mat. I took the pine branches from Sunny Studio's Holiday Style set and stamped in Mountain Pine Altenew ink. The sentiment is from the Sunny Studio set as well.   I then stamped the pinecones from Rosie's Studio Natures Noel with Altenew Mocha ink on a scrap piece of card.  I used Pencils to colour up the cones before fussy cutting them.  One is place straight onto the card base and the other popped up with 3D tape.  I then used some Kindyglitz glitter glue to add some shimmer and shine to the branches and the cones.  (Hard to see in the photo but looks awesome in real life)  I finished with some red gems.  

It's the second long weekend in a row for us, so another day off tomorrow.  Nothing major planned - hope to get some crafting time in, but with the nice summer weather, the beach calls most afternoons in the weekends.   And this week I have a cortisone injection in my left shoulder to look forward to.   I have a small tear in my rota-cuff which I hope the injection will ease the pain that it is causing and allow me to build up the strength in the shoulder again.   Shouldn't stop me crafting though!

Take care out there one and all.  

7 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous CAS card Dawn.

Dotty Jo said...

This is lovely, Dawn! Such a gorgeous slimline look - your design suits the style perfectly! Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Betty said...

wonderful card, Dawn - lovin' slimline these days! hope cortisone shot works for you as the surgery to repair it is not fun!!!!!

Arlene said...

Clean and crisp - I Love it.

So glad you joined us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge, Elf- Arlene

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Fabulous slimline design with the pine cones and pines, Dawn!! Perfect with that sentiment!!

Pat said...

Simply Lovely.....Such a wonderful design of all the elements....

Greta said...

Love the image & this card, Dawn!