Wednesday 17 February 2021

Sepia Card Technique.

 My NZ group swap this month had a technique that Suna set... Sepia card.  She gave us some sites to visit to see how to make a sepia style card.  One of them was THIS one - which I CASED


I did some watercolouring with brown inks for my base.  I then stamped the flowers.  They were an unbranded set I have.  I added extra brown inks.  I used some bleach to take away the colour.  The rest of the background was a variety of stamps - from Inkadinkado, and Kaisercraft.  I added some white pen to the centre of the flowers.  The Altenew sentiment was white heat embossed and then I used a black micro pen to outline the beauty word,

I'm able to go back to work tomorrow - our lockdown level is down to Level 2.  A relaxation of restrictions - up to 100 people at functions and bars and restaurants can open again as well as shops, albeit with social distancing.  

Take care out there people!  

7 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

A fabulous card Dawn, love that sepia look. looking forward to our restaurants opening again, we haven't been out for a meal for a year now except for braving a takeaway pizza and eating it in a pub garden in the summer. Really missing those treats!!

craftycreationsbydebbie said...

This is such a brilliant card Dawn. A lot of new techniques for me to look at, never thought of using bleach!

You have a lovely blog, with lots of amazing creations.

Stay safe when going back to work, here in the UK we are still under lockdown.

Debbie x

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Oooo - just love your sepia tones and collage style here, Dawn!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous card Dawn - loving the bleached flowers and the wonderful shite accents that really make the sepia come to life
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

What a beautiful card, Dawn! At least your lockdowns don't last very long, so guess they must be working. Stay safe!

Heidi Weaver said...

Hi Dawn, I have this gorgeous stamp set from Paper Rose Studio and love it. Will have to try this technique. There is something timeless about the sepia. Beautifully done.

creationsnz said...

Such a wonderful lot of techniques in this card and great result. CarolG