Sunday 14 March 2021

A Green Christmas and a Rainbow card

 Over the weekend, I managed to get a few cards done.  My NZ swap group this month is Rainbow  -  I've been in a bit of a slump lately... so did a bit of Pinterest viewing to get some ideas.   I ended up making two cards.... here's the one that didn't get sent to Carol -


I used a rainbow of stripes to make the background behind the die cut from Altenew.  I die cut the Hello circle from white card and then run it through an embossing folder.  Added the small sentiment from an Altenew set.   I'll share the card I did send once it's been received 

My next two cards are for the Christmas Kickstart challenge. 


I used an embossing folder and some ink to make two similar cards.

I took Catherine Pooler's Grass Skirt ink and using a brayer added it the embossing folder.  This came out fabulously.  I had cut out the square from Gina K Master Layouts 3 prior to the embossing.  I added the Christmas Bells - left over from Christmas last year.... I had cut a number of these.  I used Copic markers to colour up the bell. 

My other card used Altenew's Green Feilds ink.  I didn't get such a good embossing from it but still liked the results. 



To this one I added a little gnome - also from a few I had pre-stamped and cut out.   A few more cards for my Christmas stash. 

I had a lovely visit from Grace yesterday....


She is growing so quickly.   She'll be two in around 2 months time.  I really don't know where the time has gone.  

Hope you all have a great weekend. 

5 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Just look at Grace reading her book - makes this librarian soooo happy! Love you cards, Dawn. What a lovely, simple design that works so very well. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart again, Jo x

Chrissy said...

Beautiful cards Dawn, gorgeous designs,love the bright happy colours on the first, and how lovely to have wee visitor..they make the sun shine in your heart..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Three fabulous cards, Dawn!! Love the effect with the inked embossing folder and your rainbow card looks amazing!! But of course Grace steals the show - what a cutie!!

Arlene said...

Three great cards. I do like that rainbow friend card, so cheerful and a perfect way to say hello.

I like the Xmas cards, especially the dark green card, but I LOVE that gnome!

Greta said...

Grace is looking older & so cute! How great she can visit! Love the rainbow card--need to remember that design! Cute Christmas cards, too!