Wednesday 17 March 2021

Shades of Purple.

 


This challenge is just me!  Purple is my favourite colour.    Lately I've been struggling with my crafting... ideas galore, but just wanting to get started has been hard.  About a week ago I took some of my purple scraps and an Altenew flower die cut and made a couple of flowers.   They sat there as I really didn't know what I wanted to do to showcase them.  Last evening, I was rummaging around in my WIP pile and found a background I had done some foiling on.  


My foiled panel is an Altenew stamp that I had stamped, then photocopied with a laser printer so that I could foil it with some silver foil.    As you can see I had covered my flowers with Wink of Stella.  The sentiment is from another Altenew set.  I seem to be using my Gina K Master Layouts on just about every card I do... they make it so easy to layer panels.  

And talking about Gina K... do you watch her live Facebook/You Tube posts?  She has some fun techniques and ideas.  This week's earlier live used a technique called Black Magic.  Basically using white pigment ink to stamp on black card and then once it dried, used pencils to colour in the image.    Today I was feeling unwell in the morning so spent time in bed resting.  I got up at lunch time and decided I felt a bit better and wanted to try out the technique. 


I used the same stamp set that Gina used.. one of my few Gina K stamps.  My white pigment ink is very old so had to use my MISTI and stamped each image twice to get a semi-reasonable amount of ink down.  Once it dried, I used Prismacolor pencils and one Jasart pencil to colour the image in.  Added some white gel pen dots on the centre of the flowers.  I used the same purple card as my layer, to die cut the Hero Arts sentiment - 3 times to add dimension.  So pleased with the results.  

I'm entering both of these in the flower challenge.  

Thanks for stopping by... I've been watching the New Zealand sailors racing here in Auckland and today they won the 7th race to win the 36th America's Cup challenge.... a very exciting few days with racing against Luna Rosa Prada Perelli.   We were defending the cup so exciting to keep it here in NZ for the next few years. 

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two purple beauties, Dawn! Especially love the black magic one - what a beautiful effect!! Congrats on NZ taking the Cup - enjoy!!

Chrissy said...

Two beauties Dawn, GORGeous colour and love the foiled background and I adore the bottom stamp, what a great technique, I have just ordered a white ink pad..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Bobby said...

Good for you for reaching into your unfinished box and making such a lovely card, Dawn. The foiling is such a beautiful addition to the shimmery flowers. I saw that video by Gina K and you did her proud on your 'Black Magic' card. Thanks for sharing both of them with us at The Flower Challenge.

Greta said...

Love the foiled background, but oh wow--the 2nd card is amazing, Dawn!

Betty said...

two wonderful cards, Dawn - and your coloring on the black is fantastic - must give that technique a go!

creationsnz said...

Hi Dawn. I love the drama of the black based card, it really shows off the design. CarolG