Wednesday 3 March 2021

Purple florals - and using Stamping Foam.

 I've been working from home for the last 4 days as we are back in lockdown 3 for 7 days.  I have set up my tablet and old TV monitor on my craft table - which I have to say is very distracting!!!!  I use my break times to do some crafting... 10 mins in the morning and afternoons and 20 mins or so at lunch time.  So over the past few days I have been trying out a new tool!  I brought some Simon Hurley stamping foam from my local online store (Krafters Cart) and after watching Jennifer McGuire and Simon's videos I made a few backgrounds... using stamps and embossing folders.  I made a few backgrounds and today I finished my first card.


My background was made using a Hero Arts background stamp.  I followed the instructions on heating the foam and pushed it into stamp.  I used some Altenew ink to rub over the foam and stamped it onto some white card.  I trimmed around the edge and added it to my purple embossed base card.  I stamped Altenew Gift for You onto some scrap card and used my Jasart pencils to colour it in.  I fussy cut it and added the little sentiment stripe that I had in my "magic mug" a la Laurel Beard.  A few pearls finished of the card.   I must admit to loving this one... Purple is my favourite colour.  

Now I just have to make sure that I don't get too distracted with all my crafty goodness around for the rest of the week.   I will be strong!

8 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Gorgeous card Dawn and I love that background you have created!

Betty said...

you made a gorgeous card with that stamping foam - must have missed that Jennifer post - will have to check it out - looks like fun.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Dawn, the background on the feature panel is gorgeous.
I had to smile when I saw that foam being featured by Simon on IG - I have a block of it sitting in a drawer from some 20 years ago!!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

ANd it makes a fabulous background for your card Dawn. YOu sure are adventurous. CarolG

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

I'm with you loving the purple, Dawn! What a pretty background - perfect for your blossoms! Love the texture on the background too!!

Greta said...

This is just gorgeous, Dawn! Lockdown again?! This virus is something else!

Chrissy said...

Beautiful card Dawn, love your background and the flowers are gorgeous..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Helen said...

Not good news about your lockdown again, Dawn!! We've been so lucky here in QLD!! But the up side is all the great crafting you're achieving! I love the wonderful soft background you have created! Love the purples!! Stay safe! :)