Monday 5 April 2021

More Weekend crafting

 It's Easter Monday here in NZ and today we will be heading back home later today.  I managed some more crafting yesterday and another trip to the beach for a swim.  This morning it's a bit cooler and cloudy so before packing up I did another card for homework on my class - Creative Colouring with Erum.

I tried out the splatter watercolour look.  Didn't work out as well as I wanted as I didn't have a spray water bottle and had to just use a big brush.  However I was really happy with the card I made. 


I used a mixture of Woodless Watercolour pencils and the 36-pan set of watercolours. My flowers are from Nature's Blossom set and the leaves from Leaf Canopy set. I added some depth with Prismacolor pencils- a technique that Erum uses.  I used the Woodless Watercolour pencils for the background.  The sentiment is from a Gina K Wreath Builder set. 

Yesterday I played with the Wreath Builder stencil and stamps.  I had forgotten to bring my normal MISTI and only had my mini one and thought I might not be able to use it.... but managed it 


The edge hung out but it worked well. 


I did a few more cards yesterday but will share them over the next few days.   Take care all

6 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two great cards, Dawn - especially love the watercolor look on card one and your wreath on card two looks amazing! Hope you had a Happy Easter!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What gorgeous cards Dawn - loving the first one in particular!
Hope your journey home was uneventful and the traffic flowed smoothly!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Two beautiful cards Dawn, love the colours of the first one.

Chrissy said...

Gosh, I love this one with the purple flowers Dawn, fabulous colouring and design and the wreath of flower is so pretty, beautiful cards..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Helen said...

Great cards, Dawn! Love the background you created on the first! :)

Greta said...

Love the watercolor card--beautiful, Dawn! I just pulled out my wreath builder template, but didn't finish the card yet. Yours is just delightful!