Saturday 3 April 2021

Homework for Erum's Creative Colouring class

 Happy Easter to you all.  I'm spending some time up at my friend's place in Mangawhai and happily have brought some crafty supplies and a couple of WIP projects from the my class at Altenew Academy.  I'm doing Creative Coloring with Erum - Advanced Techniques Online Class


The other day on my Facebook I showed this WIP 


Yesterday afternoon I finished it off.  

This was Day 3's class - Watercolouring and Stencils.  I used this gorgeous stencil called Rose Bouquet and after stamping it with Vanilla Cream ink, I used some of the Woodless Watercolor pencils.  Added some splatters for texture.   I had forgotten my coloured card so used a darker pink ink to blend some ink around the edge of my layer piece.  Turned out perfect.  Finished with a black sentiment from Sentiment Stripes 2 stamped directly on my main panel. 

My second project started last Wednesday with me adding some Texture paste and sparkle glitter Embossing Powder to my white card.  Once it dried, I used the heat gun to set the powder.  Another one I completed yesterday 


This one was inspired by Day 2 - Playing with Textures.  I used the same stencil as my first card.  I added some WOW Sparkle Embossing powder over the paste.  I then took some purple watercolour paints (from the 36 pan set) and added it all over the watercolour card.   I case'd Erum's idea of stamping a sentiment in black on white card and fussy cutting around it for a shadow layer.   I got the Birthday stamp set this week... I was tired of trying to find a Happy Birthday sentiment so was super pleased to see this one on sale.  I added a little "girl" sentiment to finish

Our Easter weekend has had lovely weather so far.  We travelled up north Good Friday morning.  After finishing these two cards in the afternoon we headed to a local beach to enjoy the afternoon sun and even I managed to hit the water.   Then today after doing two more cards we "beached" again.  We went a little later in the day but still got some sun and yes another swim for me.  Two more days of the holiday break so hoping the nice weather continues. 

Happy Easter to you all.  




8 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Two really pretty cards Dawn, Love the top one, the colouring is gorgeous!

Betty said...

Lovely cards Dawn - so nice you're having a wonderful Easter weekend - weather is beautiful here too!

Cathy said...

Wonderful cards Dawn, I have this stencil andd am loving the 2 designs you've done! Happy Easter, raining here again :) Cathy x

creationsnz said...

Oh, more fabulous work Dawn. What a great result. CarolG

kiwimeskreations said...

What beautiful cards Dawn - you are really maximizing the use of you stencil!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Helen said...

Great cards, Dawn!! Your techniques gave great results!! Well done!! I'm still working on mine! LOL!! Stay safe and happy Easter!! :)

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two floral beauties, Dawn - just love them both!!

Greta said...

Beautiful stencil & love seeing 2 totally different looks using it!