Wednesday 31 March 2021

Thank You to Sunny Studio Stamps at Die Cut Divas.

 Hi there.  It's the final day of the month so it's time to share my card for Die Cut Divas.  This month our sponsor is Sunny Studios


Our theme is Slimline cards.


I used the smaller of the two dies from the Sunny Studio Stamps Slimine Scalloped Frame Dies and the Thank You die from the set 

I die cut the centre panel from some Canson XL watercolour paper and added some clear water and some purple inks smooshed onto my glass mat. I dried the painting and added another layer of water and ink.  Once it was dry I used some Obsidian Ink to stamp the flower from Altenew's Gift for You set.  I then used Woodless Watercolour pencils in Moss and Ultramarine to colour the flowers.  I added the die cut sentiment and finished with some splatters using Oolong Tree pencil. I mounted the painted panel onto some black card and then added to a white base.  

Hope you have had a go making a slimline card for our challenge.  You have today to join us at Die Cut Divas. 





7 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous creation Dawn - love you 'smooshed and layered' paint background. The simple flower and sentiment are perfect over it
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Chrissy said...

Beautiful slimline card Dawn, love the smooshed background, lovely colour and the flowers are gorgeous with a great sentiment stamp..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Really love the background, Dawn & your flower is beautiful!

Arlene said...

What a beauty.

Betty said...

just lovely - wonderful design and colors!!

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Wow, Dawn - just love your flowers and watercolored background, stunning!!

Helen said...

I'm loving your wonderful background on this beautiful slimline card, Dawn!! Gorgeous colours! :)