Monday 10 May 2021

Twofer cards - Inspired by Jennifer McGuire.

 I am a great fan of all things Jennifer McGuire and love watching her videos.  Recently she did one where she mangaed to get two card from one blending, stamping and embossing - so after a few false starts - such as my clear embossing powder being contaminated with white powder and one card getting stuck together - I ended up with one set of two cards.  I was inspired by my blog friend Sally with her choice of background stamp - a Hero Arts background stamp called Leaf and Floral background. 

I chose some Distress Oxides in Broken China, Weathered Wood and Cracked Pistashio to blend as my background.  Then I clear embossed the Leaf and Floral background.  I liberally spritzed the panel, added another on top and ran through my Cuttlebug.  

Here are my two cards

This is the first pane..  You can still see the beautiful glossy background.  I took a Gina K oval and scalloped oval to make the focal point.  I added a sentiment from a Gina K sentiment.  I stamped a flower from Altenew Line Art stamps using the same colours in Distress inks.  I die cut it and a couple of other layers to make the flower stand up a bit better.  Added a few clear gems. 

And here is the second panel I got.


This panel is a much softer looking.  I stamped the flowers and used Distress inks in the blues and greens to watercolour them before fussy cutting them.  The little Thanks is from the same stamp set.  I die cut it with the matching die and stamped the sub-sentiment straight onto the card base. 

I was pleased with the results of these two. 


5 comments:

Betty said...

love both of these Dawn - especially the daisy card - had my clear ep become contaminated with white also - what a waste that was!!

CinnamonSally said...

Great job with the technique Dawn, both your panels are gorgeous.

Greta said...

I recently watched that video, but have yet to give it a try. I really like how both of yours turned out! The soft version is especially lovely as a background for your beautiful flowers!

Chrissy said...

So beautiful Dawn, I too love to watch Jennifer but missed this technique, your cards look amazing, love the colours..

luv CHRISSYxx

Helen said...

Brilliant Dawn! So clever and so good to get 2 for 1!!! Love them both with the gorgeous colour! :)