Monday 7 June 2021

Faux metallic texture card with a New Zealand flavour.

 Recently Jennifer McGuire did a blog post and video using a technique she called "Faux Metallic Texture"  It uses an embossing folder and some speciality card stock.  I found some coloured metallic card in my stock and used some pink and green to emboss it.

This is one of the 4 cards I made over the long weekend.  The kids were off shopping and hubby was at the local rugby game so I had a bit of time to myself. 

I used an Altenew 3D embossing folder Beautiful Bergenia and did some sanding on it.  This piece was left over from the 6"x6" piece of card that I had embossed.  I have a pack of New Zealand Ephemera and I pulled out this Wood Pigeon and NZ flowers.  I kept the sentiment simple - from Altenew's Birthday Builder stamp set.  

I'll share the other cards over the next little while. 

The family has left now... Dad and Ngaire on Saturday afternoon and Emma, Andrew and Archie this morning.  I've heard from them - they arrived safely after their 7 hour flight.  A long time for an energiser bunny of a 5 year old, to sit still.  I had printed him out some line art Pokemon images to colour in which kept him happy for a bit.   

We had visited the newly weds on Sunday and the little ones got to have a last play and bath together.   I will miss having the little man come running into our room and jumping up between us in the mornings.    - Only 6 months and we will be heading over to visit them. 

7 comments:

Betty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Betty said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time with your family. lovely card - i didn't have any luck with sanding metallic so will forget about that technique:-(

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Beautiful card, Dawn! Just love the rosy sanded panel with your NZ ephemera! So glad you had a fabulous visit with your family!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful technique and a stunning card Dawn. Thanks for saying where you learnt the technique. Love the local ephemera, it's wonderful to see.
Oh yes, how empty the house seems when family leave... certainly something to look forward to, being able to travel to see them!
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

CinnamonSally said...

Oh Dawn I certainly agree our house feels empty too now and I do miss them all, at least ours are only a few hours away and not a flight. So pleased you enjoyed your time with them after so long!.
Love your card, I do love Jennifer's technique videos and they are great when your mojo is lacking , as mine is at the moment!

Chrissy said...

Gorgeous card Dawn, the embossed panel is divine, fabulous texture and gorgeous colour and love the florals too..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Greta said...

Always hard for family times to end, but sounds like you all had a great time! Love this beautiful card!