Wednesday 9 June 2021

Faux Metallic Textured background - take 2

Hi there.  I'm back to share another couple of my Faux Metallic Texture backgrounds.  These were all inspired by Jennifer McGuire in her recent video.  I did a few background pieces.  

First up is another piece using the pink embossed panel - using an Altenew 3D folder.


While looking for my metallic cardstocks I found a packet of black glossy card I had forgotten I had.  So I used it to cut out some leaves and the Altenew Thanks die.  The sentiment I'm sure is part of a Altenew strip sentiment I had in my "magic mug" (a la Laurel Beard)  A few black gems and my card was done.

My second card uses a soft green embossed panel

I trimmed the panel on an angle, added a stripe of silver card and a black shiney sentiment die cut.  It's a Couture Creations die.  A few pearls finished it.  

I am missing having the family around, but have been suffering from a cough, sore throat and head cold thanks to young Archie who had the snuffles and passed it on to several of us.  Added to that yesterday I had another Cortisone injection in my left shoulder.  Today I spend the morning in bed, having a good 2 hour sleep before rising and doing some ironing.  I am still feeling unwell so am staying home again tomorrow.  

4 comments:

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Two beauties with that technique, Dawn! Just love the angled panels and die cut sentiments!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Loving that technique, and you have a couple of stunning results using it Dawn. Hope you feel better soon...
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

creationsnz said...

A super metallic effect and certainly makes a statement. CarolG

Greta said...

So sorry Archie shared his bug! Hope you feel better soon. The cards are so beautiful! Guess I'll have to look up Jennifer's video as I've gotten away from watching them.