Friday 11 June 2021

The Stockings are Hung

I have been very unwell this week.  I picked up Archie's cold and it's turned into a nasty Chest Infection.   I had Tuesday off to have another cortisone injection in my shoulder which I'm happy to say seems to have worked... and then I had rest of the week at home.  Finally made it to the doctors this morning and have been advised not to go back to work till Wednesday next week.    So I've been resting and reading and of course spending a little time in the craft room. 

Today's card is for Christmas Kickstart Challenge.-   All about the Christmas Stocking - optional with a Chimney




I have a freebie set that has this cute stocking so I decided it use it.  Actually I had the three stockings already stamped and cut with my Scan'N'Cut in my pile of prestamped images.  So it made a really quick card.  I used Gina K's Master Layout 4 cut the centre panel and layer.  I ran the panel through an Embossing folder.  The circle sentiment was also in my prestamped and cut pile so a quick flick of some Copic markers and the bits were all coloured.  I layered some white and silver bakers twine along the top of the panel and added the stockings with some red gems. I added some glittery sparkle to the top of the stockings.

I'm hoping to feel well enough to spend a bit more time in the craft room as I've got a big commission to do a photo box.- by the end of next week.   Plus get a head a bit in my design work.  


8 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Hope you're feeling better soon, Dawn. Good news on the shoulder injection. Love your card. The stockings are so sweet and I really like the circular sentiment element. Thanks for playing at Christmas Kickstart, Jo x

Betty said...

cute card, Dawn. good to hear the shoulder injection is working, but not about the chest infection - take care.

Chrissy said...

Hope you get better soon Dawn, take care, and love your cute CAS card with the sparkly stocking tops..

Luv CHRISSYxx

kiwimeskreations said...

A fabulous card Dawn - and so sorry to hear that you have not been well - chest infections take ages to fully recover from I am finding, so take care
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

Sweet trio of stockings atop that embossed background, Dawn - sorry to hear you're not feeling well and hope you improve quickly!!

Cindy C. said...

A darling card!! I love that embossed background and stockings are just so cute!! Thanks for joining us at Christmas Kickstart Challenge.

Arlene said...

I love the textures and design. Wonderful card.

Greta said...

What a bummer to end up so sick! Hope you're much better now, Dawn! Adorable card--love the sparkly stockings tops!