Sunday 20 June 2021

Shaped Card - NZ swap group

 This month's swap at my NZ group - our theme was make a card with layering dies and with a nice sentiment.... '

I have a lot of older Spellbinders nesting dies so pulled out a couple of sets and this is what I came up with. 


I used a plain nesting die to make the base and used some Patterned Paper to add on top.  I then used an ornate die for the centre.  The sentiment is from a Catherine Pooler set.  I added some blending around the edge.  Added a couple of gems in the corners.

I am slowly getting better.  Still coughing and full of phelgm.  We had a lovely quiet weekend up at Mangawhai.  The forecast was for heavy rain - but it stuck to just the nights and most of Saturday was really nice.  Today was nice in the morning but by lunch time it had clouded over and started spitting.  We went out to dinner at one of the local restuarants to celebrate my birthday.  I was too sick on Monday to go out so enjoyed the company and food last night.  

Thanks for stopping by. 

4 comments:

CinnamonSally said...

Glad you are on the mend Dawn, love your shaped card and great sentiment too.

kiwimeskreations said...

This is a great card Dawn, and I love your colouring of the base panel.
Great to hear you are recovering
Stay safe
Blessings
Maxine

Greta said...

That is quite the bug you got! Glad you're feeling better & could finally enjoy celebrating! Such a pretty card--need to use my old Spellbinders! Was hoping you'd share some wedding photos on your blog. We have a family wedding next year, so that will be exciting.

Linda W. (ScrappinBari) said...

What a pretty card, Dawn! Always good to get out the nesting dies and I love the fancy one on top! Glad you're feeling somewhat better!!